Monday, December 11, 2006

Five questions for Robert Scoble

Robert Scoble is one of world's top tech bloggers. He did a great job with Channel9 at Microsoft and then moved to Podtech. And because I like his work I took the chance and sent him five questions. I didn't expect an answer but I was surprised to get it. So here is me interviewing Robert :)

1. If I look at your old blog the title says "Scobleizer: Microsoft Geek Blogger" and the new one "Scobleizer - Tech Geek Blogger". Why this change?
Robert: I don’t work at Microsoft anymore, so wanted to make it clear that I wouldn’t just be taking a Microsoft-centric point of view anymore.

2. What are the most important things you learned at Microsoft?
Robert: Hmmm, I don’t know if there’s any one thing. Well, maybe that one person CAN change the world. But lots of little things, from how to convince people to see the world the way you do to how to scale your conversations.

3. What books (blogs excluded :)) do you read and maybe why?
Robert: I’ve read Woz’s book. I’m reading one from the LifeHacker folks right now. But I’m not a big book reader.

4. Do you have/had role models? Who?
Robert: Dave Winer is my role model, but I really have hundreds of role models.

5. Is there a "silver bullet" for tech blogs?
Robert: I don’t see a silver bullet. Having a successful blog is due to doing tons of things. From building relationships with lots of people to writing good headlines to just plain old having fun and experimenting.

I think there are two important things to learn from this. One is that tech people are great guys and will always take some time to answer your questions - but play nice and don't be too insistent. The second one is that is no recipe for success, you only have to DO SOMETHING.

No comments: